Over 100 Vermont retailers, businesses, communities and public agencies participate in the Call2Recycle® program as collection sites. Beginning January 1, 2016, consumers can recycle both single-use and rechargeable batteries, as well as cellphones through these collection sites.
Batteries Accepted through Call2Recycle*
- Alkaline (AA, AAA)
- Button/Coin Cell
- Carbon Zinc
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Small Sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb)
Why Become a Collection Site?
- An easy and free way to keep waste from entering landfills and give reclaimed materials a second life
- Free collection kits, shipping and marketing materials to promote site’s sustainability efforts
- Increased customer traffic for public-facing locations
- Free recycling reporting and certification
Request to become a collection site here.
*dry-cell batteries weighing 11 lbs. or less.